2017-2018 OLE MISS REBELETTE TRYOUTS
FRIDAY, APRIL 21-SUNDAY, APRIL 23
EARLY MAIL-IN REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, April 12
Please do not mail applications after this date. We will accept all remaining applications at tryouts on Friday, April 21.
Friday, April 21
- Check-In: 2:30-3:30
- First Round of Auditions: 3:30
Saturday, April 22
- Final Rounds of Auditions-All Day
Sunday, April 23
- Tryouts and all team activities will conclude no later than 2:00PM.
We are looking for dedicated candidates who are physically fit, lead a healthy productive lifestyle, are able to present themselves in a professional manner, and can make the YEAR commitment to our program as a Rebelette. Our judges will be looking for a balanced package of the following aspects: technique, performance, versatility amongst dance styles, physical fitness, appearance, ability to lead a crowd, attitude/work ethic, and speaking ability.
- Strong Performance/Mastery of Jazz, Pom, and Hip Hop Styles
- High Physical Fitness
- Strong Interpersonal Skills/Charisma
- Ability to Engage/Lead a Crowd
- Professional Appearance
- Strong Execution of the following Technical Skills (More advanced skills/combos may be evaluated in addition to this list):
- Extensions-Battements, Leg Holds
- Turns-Triple Pirouettes, Turns in 2nd
- Leaps/Jumps-Jetes, Leap in 2nd, Calypso, Toe Touch
- Hip Hop-Headspring, Kip Up
- Basic Acro, Aerials-recommended
FIGHT SONG/HOTTY TODDY/SIDELINES: It is highly recommended that you learn this material prior to tryouts as we will teach at a swift pace. We will post it on our website following our last clinic. Following Fight Song, you will yell our Hotty Toddy chant. The words are: Hotty Toddy, Gosh Almighty, Who the hell are we? Hey! Flim flam bim bam, Ole Miss by damn!
FITNESS TEST: This portion will evaluate your overall fitness/stamina and will be the benchmark for our training for the upcoming year. Please be prepared to run a mile to a mile and a half as well as basic fitness exercises (push-ups, sit ups, etc.)
INTERVIEW: This portion of tryouts will focus on getting to know each candidate and to evaluate your speaking skills, personality, character, and ability to interact with fans, etc.